Sutton House Bed and Breakfast
Check Availability and Make Reservations

About Sutton House B&B

Arch at Sutton HouseSince May of 2013, the Sutton House has been owned and operated by Thais St.Clair and her household. Our Lake Winnipesaukee lodging is a family run business and all of the household members are originally from Connecticut. The inn keeper’s name comes from the opera “THAIS” which her father was listening to when she was born.

November, 2015 will be the 150th Anniversary Celebration of the Sutton House. To celebrate all rooms will be only $150 any night from November through January 2016. Special Events and Open House dates will be announced in the Specials Section soon. Historic presentations, a house blessing, horse & buggy rides, a quilt show and an antique and barn sale all done in period custom will be combined with events all over town.

The Sutton House was originally built in 1865 by Eben and Eliza Sutton who had a lucrative sheep and wool business in Peabody, Mass. Before the Sutton House was completed Eliza’s husband died and she moved in year round and started a dairy farm across the street along Center Harbor Bay. The old white barn next to the Canoe Restaurant was originally for the Sutton’s “oreo” cows. It is shown in the main hallway historic mural depicting the village of Center Harbor. It gives guests an idea of what life was like right after the civil war. When you come to visit be sure to ask the inn keeper about other historical places in town just a short stroll from this treasured Center Harbor historic mansion.
Sutton House Bed & Breakfast  |  251 Whittier Highway, Center Harbor, NH 03226  |  603-253-9750  |
Property Management System by Reservation Nexus